Thursday, February 2, 2012

Street Stories #3: Cowboy in Paris

I am having a very nice conversation with a local restaurant owner. Of the many people I have met in Paris he is one of the nicest, most interesting, well spoken, gentlemen. He tells me how much he likes Canada. I assume he has visited Montreal or maybe Vancouver, something I hear often from people I meet in Paris. 


I am wrong. 


He traveled across Canada from Ontario to Alberta looking for a ranch to purchase.


I am delighted to imagine him not in his beautiful French cafe greeting patrons, but instead riding his horse out to check the cattle. Maybe he would even learn a cowboy song.


People will surprise you if you let them.

1 comment:

  1. I walked by the restaurant of your French cowboy. He looks forlorn without you.

    ReplyDelete

Waiting to hear from you!