For me, someone moves into the friendship category if they
- Can be trusted, even if the secret they are holding is really juicy. Even if we are both crushing on the same guy (ditto for boots, hand bag, or anything else girls covet)
- Treat my friends and family like their friends and family
- Are brave enough to challenge me if I do something that risks our friendship
- Make me feel better for being around them
- Are interesting and generally positive about life
- Forgive me for my faults.
Moving from friend to non-friend? Almost never happens. It would require nothing short of a betrayal. Yes friends are for a reason but not just for a season. I believe in friends for life and am lucky enough to have several.
What do you think about friendship? How does someone move from acquaintance to friend? Have you ever moved someone out of your friendship circle? Why?