Many of us have now had the less than pleasurable experience of perching over a well designed hole on the floor, but what other surprises have you had?
- I described in an earlier blog my Shanghai experience with wash, dry, scent and oh-la-la!
- Also in Shanghai separate loos for senior managers in the office
- In Sorrento a 12 second timer on the light. Yes I know it is possible to pee in the dark, but it is kind of spooky. And who selected 12 seconds anyway - an incredibly fast peeing machine?
- In Paris co-ed spots, often for washing up and sometimes for everything
- Also in Paris only saloon doors between men and us blushing brides
- In many places in Italy no seat by design (good exercise for the quads)
- Gold plated faucets at The Paris Ritz.
- In Bali (I heard) a soup pot that apparently resembled a pee pot (can't quite imagine) and almost was used for the wrong purpose by my friend
- How about this rather obvious indicator of gender at a Johannesburg restaurant? There should be no doubt which room is the ladies and which is the gents. Although I am not sure they help the average person to self-identify!
Now don't describe anything gross please but if you have a bathroom adventure story I would love to hear it.